Add/remove SDDC hosts
You can add more hosts to your SDDC to expand your SDDC failover capacity. Adding a host to an SDDC takes roughly 5 to 10 minutes. You can add up to a maximum of 16 hosts for a single SDDC.
Note: Be aware that adding a host will increase both the available storage capacity and costs.
To add hosts to an SDDC:
- From the SDDC view in the ControlShift UI from the small menu next to the Open vSphere button, select Add hosts.
- The dialog will show the current number of hosts in the SDDC and the estimated capacity. Enter the number of hosts you want to add to the SDDC. The dialog shows the projected storage capacity for the number of hosts to be added. You can add a total of 16 hosts if you deployed a multi-host SDDC.
- To add the hosts, type ADD HOSTS in the text field and then click OK.
To remove a host:
- From the SDDC view in the ControlShift UI from the small menu next to the Open vSphere button, select Remove hosts.
- In the Remove hosts dialog, enter the number of hosts you want to remove. When you enter a number, the dialog will estimate the amount of removed capacity that will be freed when you remove the hosts.
- Type "REMOVE HOSTS" to confirm, and then click OK.